Thursday, August 30, 2012

Real Kids Shades Review



Oh how I love getting mail, especially when it is something fun and not just bills! I went to my mail box and was so excited that Real Kids Shades had sent me some sunglasses for my daughter to try out!

Inside the box were the sunglasses and some pamphlets and some information on the company.  Did you know that 23% of parents don't check to see if their children's sunglasses provided protection against UV rays? That in a survey, 40% of Americans don't know that UV protection is an important factor to consider? Kind of scary if you ask me!  I have been more vigilant on checking UV ray protection, but I did not know there were 2 different kinds of UV rays that were harmful to the eye.  Kind of enlightening!  According to Real Kids Shades, their products are 3rd Party verified that they have 100% protection against both UV-A and UV-B rays.  That is good to know as there are several eye disorders out there, such as cataracts, that are caused by sun damage.

Now that I know that these shades are healthy for my daughter's eyes, I was also pleased to read that these glasses have shatterproof and impact-resistant lenses.  My daughter is notorious for misplacing her day to day glasses on the ground and stepping on them....CRUNCH!!! ;-)  Best of all, if something does happen, they stand by their product with a replacement guarantee.



Because I felt comfortable with the fact that these glasses appear to be durable, I finally allowed my daughter to try them on.  She looked like a movie star, despite the fact she needed to comb her hair! She said they fit good on her nose (most glasses don't because she hardly has a bridge on her nose).  She noted to me that they were a little tight around the ears, but because the glasses are flexible and bendable (to a degree - don't go reefing on them), we were able to adjust them to accommodate her comfort level.  She was concerned though because she wears glasses most of the day, that she wouldn't be able to wear her new shades.  I suggested she put the sunglasses over her glasses to see if it would work. Guess what? Success!  You know you have a good product if my daughter is smiling.  She is one of the toughest critics out there!


There are tons of styles and sizes available at Real Kids Shades.  I encourage you to check them out for yourself. I think I might have to look into getting another pair for the little Diva! ;-)



*This is not a paid advertisement.  This review is 100% authentic. It is based solely on the opinion of Columbia Gorge Coupon Mommy and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment