Wednesday, October 10, 2012

doTerra InTune Esssential Oil Review

I was given the opportunity to try a natural product.  As a frugal mom and one that is trying to be more GREEN and natural in all ways of life (besides recycling and composting), I am most excited about this opportunity. Let me tell you why.

A lot of my readers know I have a special needs child.  My girlie is diagnosed with Aspergers, ADHD and Anxiety. We have really been through the ringer with doctors, though we now have wonderful health care practitioners on our side and some great non stimulant medication that seems to be helping with the day to day stressors of my daughter's life. Let me tell you, it was a hard decision to put my daughter on meds as I am one that hates using medication unless I really need to (yes I even was the super mom that birthed her with out any drugs what so ever!)  but she needed to be able to live a semi "normal" life with semi "normal" behaviors.


doTerra generously sent me a sample of their InTune Blend to try. The benefits of this essential oil is to:

*  Help restore your focus and increase your ability to stay on task
*  Promote your clarity of thought
*  Increase your alertness and the centering of your thought processes

I had to give this a try on my daughter. I consulted with the powers that be to make sure that I would not harm my daughter with this oil, being that she is already on medication and I was told that it was safe to do so, and that if nothing else, it would help her even more with her focus.

To use InTune, you can either rub it on the back of the neck or on the palms of your hands or bottoms of your feet.  I chose to administer it to the back of her neck as she hates her hands and feet being touched and she loves a little massage!

As this is a natural product, it does smell a bit odd, but that is because it consists of Amyris, Patchouli, Frankincense, Lime, Ylang Ylang, Sandalwood, & Roman Chamomile.  It took my daughter a bit to get used to the smell, but after 1 week she is a trooper! 

Now the Million Dollar Question, have I noticed a difference in behavior with my daughter? I would say yes! There has been less friction in getting through the morning and evening routines, and over all, she is mellow and calm.  I refuse to believe that it is the weather change! :-) I might have to buy the full size bottle to keep trying it on her to see if she can continue this uphill improvement!  

To learn more about doTerra and their essential oils, you can visit  their eCourse page or find them on Facebook or Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment