Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My Not so Good Shopping Trip (ok, it wasn't a total failure!)

Aiy yai yai! What a crazy shopping day with coupons.  My day was not perfect. I waited too late in the day to go, so many items I was seeking were already gone.  Here is a breakdown of what I did get.  Sorry, no pics this time as we got home late and needed the counter space to cook dinner.

Walmart

(2) 12 pk Angelsoft Tissue
(1) 8 ct. Sparkle Paper Towel
GV Plastic Wrap
GV Foil
GV Sandwich baggies
(2) Valentine's Day Fun Dip Kits
GV Swiss Rolls
(2) Comet Powder
(1) GV Napkins
(4) Aveeno Wash
(1) Arm & Hammer Baking Soda
(1) Twin Pack Axe Deodorant
(2) Edge Shave Gel
(1) Clorox 2
(2) Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Cleaner (I grabbed the last 2 on the shelf)
(1) Mouse Pad and Mouse
(2) Qt. Motor Oil
(1) Dial Soap Refill


Total Before Coupons: $120.23  Total After Coupons: $111.99 - a Whopping 7% savings (FAIL- I blame the Swiss Rolls!).  The best deal was probably the Fun Dips = on sale for $2.98 and then I used $0.75 off 1 Wonka or Crunch candy & card kit

Our Next stop was Rosauers. No coupons used here. They were having their 1/2 off sale.  We picked up:

(8) Fritos/Cheetos
(5) Bags of Fresh Express Salad
(2) Bakery Fresh French Bread

Total Before Sale: $40.11  Total After Sale: $18.61 or a 54% savings! Much better than Wally World.  The chips we got were on sale for $1.74 and the salad was $.89 ea.

Our final destination was Safeway.  Here is where I blew it.  Don't get me wrong, I still saved a ton, but I was disappointed and should have broken up the transactions a little better to get more "doubles".  Here is what I purchased with the assistance of my loving husband:

(4) Bottle Packs of Pepsi Products
(4) Boxes of Cheez It Crackers
(8) Progresso Soups
(3) Old El Paso Taco Shells
(18) La Victoria Salsa
(6) Barilla Whole Grain Pasta
(8) Caprisuns
(4) Oven Joy Bread
(2) Kraft Salad Dressings
(2) Skippy Peanut Butter
(4) Prego Sauce
(2) Golden Soft Margarines
(2) Bags Frozen Strawberries
(2) lbs. Fresh Strawberries

Total Before Savings and Coupons: $200.23.  Total After Savings and Coupons: $117.61 (42% Savings).  So what went wrong besides not catching more doubles? Half of my J4U did not ring up.  Yes, I could have taken the time and went to customer service and griped about my deductions that didn't show up.  But I had a bigger battle to pick from...a hungry hubby.  So homeward bound we went. Sigh...better luck next time!!!  The best deal I found was on the Salsa - with Club Card and Coupon - was only $1.29 a jar!

To check out more of my past trips, CLICK HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment