Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Valentine's Day Legacy

Today I turn 34. My mom was right. As you get older, the time goes more quickly.  I was reminissing with my daughter this morning that 10 years ago today, I had just found out I was pregnant with her and for my birthday then, I had gotten her first pair of baby shoes for my birthday from my dad.  Time really does fly by! My baby can't possibly be 10 this year!!!


As I was sitting down in the silence of the morning, after work,  I was reflecting on how much this day means to my family.  We have started a legacy of sorts.  Not only is it Valentines Day today, but it is a day that means so much more.


February 14, 1958 - My mother was adopted by a wonderful couple (who I know as my grandparents - what love to take in a child that isn't biologically yours)

February 14, 1976 - My dad proposed to my mom (College love!)

February 14, 1979 - I was born (after putting my mom through 3 days of back labor - that is love!)

Febrary 14, 2009 - I married the love of my life


I can remember when I was younger, I hated having my birthday on Valentine's day, because I had to "share" it with a holiday. Even when I got into my teen years and wanted to have friends over to Hang Out, my friends were suddenly too busy with their boyfriends so I felt that my birthday was no longer special, although, my mom lovingly every year, would try and make it special and bake me a cake and shower me with a gift or three and hugs and kisses.  Then when I got into my early adulthood, Valentine's Day/birthday was just another day. It became nothing really special.  But as I sit here today, I realize it is really so much more! Look at the legacy this day has left.  Look at all the blessings God has granted me! It is a day of love and family. Nothing could be better than those two combined with God's grace and divine love!  Valentine's Day is a wonderful day!

I wish all of my readers a Happy Valentine's Day.  I hope each one of you find love in something today! ;-)

This post is dedicated to my Mom, Dad, Husband of 4 wonderful years, and my gorgeous daughter!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you have the coolest Valentine's Day Ever! That is crazy that all those amazing milestones happened to your family on Feb. 14th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is pretty amazing! Thank you for taking the time to read it! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Awesome! Thank you for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete