Wednesday, November 30, 2016

What's in your cart?

Its here....Thanksgiving is over and Christmas is just 25 days (as of writing this!!) away.

While my kids are at awkward ages & stages for gifts, stockings never change much...

Growing up, my family had a tradition of opening stockings on Christmas Eve. My favorite memory was getting a tiny box of cereal, an orange, and a packet of hot chocolate. My Mom said, it was her way of feeding us so she could go back to bed! Smart huh?

We have continued this tradition in our home. Even my youngest, who still firmly believes in Santa, knows that Mom fills the stockings.

Tuesdays and Thursdays, my son Connor has physical therapy for his knee. I have an hour to kill while he is there, so I usually find myself shopping. He has 5 more sessions, and I am sure my budget will thank me when he is done!

I had downloaded some Target candy offers to my Cartwheel (all candy offers were 15-25% off) and went on my merry way.



Here are some of the things my kids will be finding in their stockings...although some may end up with only coal!
The Andes mints were a treat for my husband...
4 boxes of Junior Mints
4 Candy canes full of Starbursts
Life Saver tins (2)
Juicy fruit tins (2)
Skittles boxes (4)

I had a few other items that I got...a Where's Waldo book (50% off Cartwheel), Quaker sandwich thingamajigs (40% off Cartwheel), 4 Peanuts pens ($1 each) a magnetic travel game of Tic Tac Toe and checkers ($3). It was an unplanned trip and basically included only high value cartwheels.


To me though, any savings are good savings!
Most cartwheel offers are a limit of 4...which is not always easy when you have 5 kids. Thankfully there will be more offers to come! How are you coming on your shopping? Have you been squirreling things away or haven't even begun?


No comments:

Post a Comment